Summer of Harry Potter: Not Gonna Make It!

I can't believe it, I'm actually going to fail. I'm not going to complete my own Harry Potter-reading-all-the-books challenge. I did make it halfway through Prisoner of Azkaban. My plan now is to jump ahead and read Deathly Hallows one last time before next Friday. Really, time just got away from me. The foot surgery slowed down all aspects of my life, even reading, because I wasn't feeling up to much but sleeping.

But not to worry, the Harry Potter movie marathon will commence next week. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up our tix for the movie this week.

And in Harry Potter Room news, I got 2 new HP lego sets (Quidditch and the Forbidden Forest). I'm contemplating getting more of the sets...my birthday is coming up ON Harry Potter day itself, July 15th, so it's for sure the perfect birthday gift. Now I'll need to get a shelf to display them on so they don't clutter up my brand new writing desk. I also have an HP6 movie poster ready for framing, just have to get around to it and get it hung up.

How far did you get in your HP book quest? Anyone finish? Thinking they'll finish?

Comments

  1. I did not read the HP books until I had seen Order of the Phoenix in the theater. I remember walking out when it was over and it was the dumbest thing I had seen. The movie made no sense. My sister who had read all the books available thought it was great. So I borrowed the books and by the time I had finished them all, I understood what was going on and Order of the Phoenix made total sense.

    I have not re-read the entire series but I did re-read the Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows before each movie for a refresh.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts