Back to the Daily Grind

The school year has started again and I am now back to work, every day, all day.  Meh.  But even though my house is worth a ton less than I paid for it, I suppose someone still does, in fact, have to pay for it, right?  At least until I become a super-famous-NYT-bestselling YA novelist that pulls 7 figures on a deal. (I can dream, right?)

The upside is that I'm surrounded by awesome teenagers ALL day, which is cool because these kids absolutely feed my characters!  I'm really looking forward to this fall, though.  This is what I've got on my plate...

- Into the Shadows:  Currently revising, hope to have ready to go to the formatting dude in about 3 weeks.  Book cover is nearly done and hopefully will be able to share that soon.  As soon as I have a release date, I will let you know!  I also hope to have some parties and contests to celebrate!

-Blogs: I've been doing a bit of blog-hopping as well, you can find articles written by me at Flyover Geeks and I've got an upcoming guest blog coming soon on Cassandra Marshall's awesome blog! I'll let you know a date!

- MA in Writing and Publishing:  I start my first writer's workshop (Fiction Writing) September 9th at DePaul University with author Hannah Pittard.

- Conferences:  I'll be hanging out at the YA Literature conference held by Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville, IL on September 25 and chillin' at the SCBWI Illinois conference on November 13th.  I look forward to learning a lot and meeting a lot of cool writerly people!  Too bad they don't have a Blog Booth where we could all meet!!!

I may not be able to post on the blog every day, but I'll still be posting Into the Shadows on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  Once revisions are finished, I will replace the partial chapters on the ITS page with the 'official' chapter, meaning the one that will actually appear in the ebook.  I'll also continue with the Adventures in Epublishing series (to update you on my progress) and hope to also have some more awesome guest bloggers, like Katherine Quimby Johnson and Michaelbrent Collings.  If you've got something great to share, let me know!  I'd be happy to have you!

Comments

Popular Posts