My New Year's Writing Resolutions...

I have to say that I'm pretty excited to see I have 80 lovely people following me through Facebook, and a few others here on Blogger. Thanks all!

For our critique group next week we are supposed to bring a list of Writing Resolutions for the new year. And as I am sitting here, thinking about the future, I figured I would post mine. And then at the end of 2010, when we're sitting around on December 31st, we can see if I really followed through on any of them.

I'm very excited for 2010. I have some BIG expectations that I hope I can live up to. At this point, I am placing all my eggs in THE GREEN basket. I am really proud of this book (now that I'm revising and realizing how good it actually is) and I really think this will be the one to make it. I love INTO THE SHADOWS and maybe there will be a place for that series once THE GREEN gets us in the front door.

So here are my resolutions regarding THE GREEN:

1. Finish revision for critique group to read in January/February.
2. Make revisions after critique in March-ish.
3. Submit to agents March-April.
4. Win over wonderful agent with said manuscript March-April-May.
5. Have awesome agent submit to publishers.
6. Have contract on THE GREEN before end of 2010.

I don't mean to sound over-confident, but I'm feeling really good about this one! Of course, past resolution #3, I have very little control of what happens, but I will do my best!

In other resolution news, I am also planning on furthering my writing knowledge at DePaul University. I never thought I would head back to school but I found a program, the Masters in Writing and Publishing, and I just can't get it out of my head. Every class on the list looks intriguing, I want to take them all! I am putting the application together now and hoping to start taking classes this summer. I think it will really take my skills to the next level!

As for the rest, my goal is to always keep writing, and reading of course! I plan to do plenty of both in 2010! Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts